Mission Statement/Statement of Purpose: The BINK Interfaith Council enhances spiritual connections and community bonds by gathering representatives of local faith and allied organizations regularly for neighborly conversation, education, prayer, and shared service to the greater community.
The Bainbridge Island/North Kitsap Interfaith Council exists:
- To work for dignity, justice, and opportunity for all persons.
- To speak for the voiceless, confront violence and oppression and bring healing to the wounded.
- To assist a greater responsiveness to human need in the institutions, structures and environment in our community.
- To nurture peace among and unity within communities and nations.
- To care for the earth, defending the rights of all its creatures and seeking the reverent and equitable use of its resources
- To welcome dialogue with people of all faiths, recognizing that we are enriched through their presence and collaboration.
- To work with people of all faiths to provide for the common good.